They seem to be timeless, those videos of some of the world’s best teachers: Bob Ross at the canvas, Sal Khan teaching polynomials on his blackboard, and Bill Nye presenting scientific concepts like the one below.
Let’s talk strategic pedagogy for a bit. Here are nine quick tips.
When To Use Evergreen Videos
- Introducing a topic
- Giving a different perspective on a topic
- Providing meaningful repetition
- Prompting a discussion or reflection
- Providing a reminder before applying a concept or skill
How To Use Evergreen Videos
- Stream on a Learning Management System like Google Classroom
- Send in an email
- Share screen during a video meeting with learners
- Post on a class forum or discussion board
In Monday’s post, I’ll share important characteristics of an effective evergreen video – whether you’re looking for or making your own videos.