What was it that made humans, or the ancestors of humans, so primed for survival – no, more than survival…what was it that made them so ripe for thriving?
It was the innate ability of a tribe to unite and support each other. To understand that self-interest was only filled when the interest of the group was at heart.
This is exactly what makes any organization thrive.
It’s trust. But how do you lead and build organizational trust?
- Start by acknowledging trust required dedicated effort.
- Earn trust by being candid, yet supportive.
- Show commitment by being vocal and following through. Support words with actions.
- Consistently model the goodwill and dedication you seek.
- Don’t just accept accountability, embed it in everything the organization does. No surprises.
This is critical – surprises will destroy trust. Make outcomes clear and predictable.
Before long, trust will layer into your relationships. Those relationships will create organizational trust.