Managing the curriculum and instruction is different than leading curricular development or leading instructional change.
Listen to these 18 Questions in 8 Minutes
Consider these questions that build instructional systems:
- What are this school’s predominant instructional practices?
- Who will be responsible for formative classroom visits?
- What leading and lagging indicators am I monitoring each month?
- How will I report out on student growth each month?
- How will each teacher report out on student growth each month?
- What literacy (alpha- and numerical-literacy) interventions do we have in place and how are students automatically screened for placement?
- When does the intervention team meet each month?
- How are students screened out of intervention programs?
- What acceleration interventions do we have in place and how are students screened for placement?
- How much weekly time is devoted to purposeful projects for students?
- When and how will students showcase their purposeful projects?
- What curricular or instructional adjustments do we need to change 10-15 months from now?
- How will these changes be initiated 4-6 months from now?