In the past 12 months, there have been a number of studies focused on the alarming nature of mental health and schools. Here are the facts:
- The number of teachers seeking support for concerns related to mental health has risen 35% in the past 12 months.
- 61% of educators report their work is “always” or “often” stressful.
- 51% of teachers report that more students are experiencing “high levels of stress and anxiety.”
- 86% of teachers do not feel respected by government officials and policymakers.
- 58% of teachers report their mental well-being is “not good” – this is up nearly 75% from previous years.
- When asked, 93% of elementary school teachers stated they experience high levels of stress.
- Educators perceive mental health concerns exist for students, teachers, and school leaders.
For sources, explanations, and expert advice explore the long-form of this post at Mental Health and Wellness in Schools.